Sunday, October 18, 2009

Week 6, Thing #14

This whole blog thing is still tricky for me. As I explored Technorati, I once again found myself questioning why I would want to read so many opinion-based posts and why anybody would want to read mine. I think Technorati can be extremely helpful when searching for something specific; however, it bears a close resemblance to blind searching on the Internet...there is just some much out there. Chances of high recall and low precision are great. I believe my personal preference will always be to seek out ProQuest over Technorati. Now, please don't misunderstand me, I think blogging can be a great tool when communicating with students via the Internet, and I can absolutely see why it is popular. I also believe that I would use a site like Technorati if I were seeking out other professionals' perspective or opinion of operations or certain books. Though I do believe there are more great blogs than not, I don't think I would feel comfortable having students search through the blogsphere with fears of what they might find.

No comments:

Post a Comment