Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Module #5


  • What one thing did you learn, and what will you do differently as a result?

  • I don't think I could narrow it to just one thing that I learned. I felt that the knowledge that I acquired over these past weeks researching assistive technology has given me a new found energy when working with students with disabilities. I think the most valuable aspect of this training was the exposure to the devices that are available and where to find them. Prior to this training, I was relying solely upon the recommendations of my administrators. I no longer feel helpless in the sea of information. I have already begun my budgeting for the 2010/2011 school year. On that budget I will be adding some assistive technology such as a microphone and possibly some more software to utilize with my SMARTBoard.

  • Do you plan to recommend this tutorial? If so, please elaborate.

  • I have already recommended this tutorial. About halfway through the 23 things, my administrator began an informal technology session on blogging. I shared the 23 Things as a means for her to be exposed to more options. After further meeting, I introduced her to the assistive technology modules. She was quite enthused, as she was chair of learning support prior to her move to administration. Her and I are hoping to work together to present an after school inservice raising teacher's awareness.

  • Do you plan to read or recommend some of the Recommended Reading books or add them to your collection? Will you link our LibraryThing list to your blog? If you have a book recommendation or have read one of the books that does not include a review, please send us your own review so we can share it.

  • I have already read a number of books from the list including, Flowers for Algernon, A Child Called "It," and The Giver, all of which were memorable books from the past. I would like to read more books on the list, as I thoroughly enjoyed the books I have already read. In addition, I feel that this list would be quite useful to the library staff in my school district, and I plan on sharing it with all of the librarians.
    The link to the LibraryThing blog is:
    http://www.librarything.com/catalog/CSLA2Team

    No comments:

    Post a Comment