Thursday, December 17, 2009

Final Post

As per Dr. Farmer's request, I am posting about some of the readings I enjoyed the most. Though I found the reading within the texts interesting, I must admit that I enjoyed the interactive readings (i.e. 23 Things) far more useful.
The first text that I enjoyed related to Creative Commons. Since a librarian is responsible for spreading the word regarding copyright. I found it quite appropriate to discuss copyright and the internet. I loved the idea that people, mostly teachers, are openly posting ideas so that people like me can use their great ideas and tweak them to suit my needs. The goal of a library is not to make money, it is to share information. Creative Commons follows that philosophy. The point is to share information not to make money, but to enrich others' learning experience.
The other reading that I found most was the thing that I chose to do my presentation on...delicious.com. I use this website ALL the time. I wish I had known about it so much longer ago. I thought the 23 Things did a great job of introducing me to the ease of the site. From there, it provided me with a list of other websites that provided me with more research. I chose to read those additional readings and feel that I am now a Delicious.com expert. In fact, I am giving an extended inservice presentation to my colleagues next month to introduce them to the website. So all in all, it was a success. The point was to learn, and whether I wanted to or not...I did :0)

44 comments:

  1. That is really cool that you can use what you are learning right away in your job. I am finding that a benefit too.

    When I discovered Del.cio.us I was delighted too! What a fabulous idea and a great site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good~ keep sharing with us, please....I will waiting your up date everyday!! Have a nice day........................................

    ReplyDelete
  3. 你不能決定生命的長度,但你可以控制它的寬度 ..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  4. 當身處逆境時,要能忍一時之氣,吃一時之苦,並及早確立自己的目標,總有一天,你會嘗到那甘美的果實。........................................

    ReplyDelete
  5. 「不可能」這個字詞,在聰明人的字典中是找不到的。.............................................

    ReplyDelete
  6. 文章是心情的反應~~祝妳天天寫的都是讓人開心的好文章哦!! ........................................

    ReplyDelete
  7. 向著星球長驅直進的人,反比踟躕在峽路上的人,更容易達到目的。..................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never hesitate to hold out your hand; never hesitate to accept the outstretched hand of another..................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never hesitate to hold out your hand; never hesitate to accept the outstretched hand of another..................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  10. 要在憂患恥辱的環境裡,創造我們自力更生的新生活。..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  11. 人生有如洶湧的波濤,如果沒有岩石的阻擋,怎能激起美麗的浪花?.......................................................

    ReplyDelete
  12. 獨居時,要反省自己的過錯;在社會大眾之間,則要忘卻別人的過失。..................................................

    ReplyDelete